Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
It is said that the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys. True enough, but these days the difference between men and boys can be determined by the size of their friggin' PANTS!

I think I can safely say that the men on this board wear "normal", or loose-fitting pants. But as the age of the guy goes down, the size of the pants goes up...WAY up! Then you get down to high school, where the pants turn GIANT.

My brother and I often laugh when we see kids walking down the street wearing those clown pants. Does anyone know where this hideous trend started? Was it Micheal Jordan and his flappy shorts? Is this some sort of fashion statement? If so, does it actually APPEAL to somebody? Do school girls look at guys and say something like "Hey Sally, look at Johnny over there. Doesn't he look soooo cool in those giant pants? Oh, and look at Billy, he has clown pants too! And look how they fray at the bottom from dragging on the ground! Ooooh, and you can even see his underwear! That's like, waaaay cool! I hope he asks me out!"

I may be showing a little age here, but I just cannot envision this scenario. Nor can I understand how this trend ever got started. Does this qualify as a mystery of life??? Maybe somebody around here with kids can clear this up for me, 'cause damn if I can solve The Mystery of the Giant Pants.

CLP

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.