Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
It is said that the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys. True enough, but these days the difference between men and boys can be determined by the size of their friggin' PANTS!

I think I can safely say that the men on this board wear "normal", or loose-fitting pants. But as the age of the guy goes down, the size of the pants goes up...WAY up! Then you get down to high school, where the pants turn GIANT.

My brother and I often laugh when we see kids walking down the street wearing those clown pants. Does anyone know where this hideous trend started? Was it Micheal Jordan and his flappy shorts? Is this some sort of fashion statement? If so, does it actually APPEAL to somebody? Do school girls look at guys and say something like "Hey Sally, look at Johnny over there. Doesn't he look soooo cool in those giant pants? Oh, and look at Billy, he has clown pants too! And look how they fray at the bottom from dragging on the ground! Ooooh, and you can even see his underwear! That's like, waaaay cool! I hope he asks me out!"

I may be showing a little age here, but I just cannot envision this scenario. Nor can I understand how this trend ever got started. Does this qualify as a mystery of life??? Maybe somebody around here with kids can clear this up for me, 'cause damn if I can solve The Mystery of the Giant Pants.

CLP

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
I agree CLP....hideous!

But think back at some of the crap we wore. Bellbottoms??? The 70's was a disaster. What I can't figure out, is that this clothing is a year round thing in Arizona. I will never forget cruising along with the temperature at a balmy 115 degrees.

This young punk was coming down the street wearing a black trenchcoat. You could see he had on the HUGE PANTS, along with the teen angst standard Doc Martens. Is it worth it to be that hot, to make your friends think your "cool". "Little Johnny died of heat stroke, read the obituary". What a joke.

DJ
No. of Recommendations: 4
Ha! I forgot about the trench coat thing! My brother and I were rock climbing last summer and walking by us on the path was this really cool punk wearing a brown, maxi-leather jacket which came down to about his knees! I was sweating my ass off and woulda' said something to him, but his aura of coolness had me scared $@%#less! Oh, and what about the winter hat in the summer? Don't %#$@ with THOSE kids....you'll get your ass kicked! I won't even mention the baseball cap turned backward....what a friggin' fashion statement!

Kids under 18. Too old to be cute...and too young to beat the crap out of! Pity.

Pat
No. of Recommendations: 7
I may be showing a little age here...

Ayup:

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TJ: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TJ: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, 'Money doesn't buy you happiness.'

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TJ: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TJ: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TJ: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TJ: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

http://www.montypython.net/scripts/4york.php3
No. of Recommendations: 2
Ok, I see what you guys are saying, but they have to have *something* to set them apart. Like... the whole 20 earring/nosering/belly-buttonring/tattoo/really-messy-hair thing girls do isn't all that feminine or sexy in my eyes, but there's a girl my class who has that and all the guys think she is it. It's just the style du jour.

Of course, you guys gotta love it that women wear tight t-shirts now, huh? That wasn't at all in style when I was in college. And I actually *do* love the funky shoe/boot thing, like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=563757470

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=564393185

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=563486959

But I also like Limp Bizkit. Do you think I'm going through a second adolescence? ; )

Amy

No. of Recommendations: 2
"Of course, you guys gotta love it that women wear tight t-shirts now, huh? That wasn't at all in style when I was in college. And I actually *do* love the funky shoe/boot thing" - Bad Amy

Now that's a mental picture I like!!!

Is a tight, short skirt part of this? Necessary, but not required to complete the mental picture.

Bad DJ
No. of Recommendations: 3
"there's a girl my class who has that and all the guys think she is it"<<< Sweet Amy Purebred

Well, IMPO (In MY Perverted Opinion), those guys ain't lookin' at her nosering/earring/tatoo/messy hair thing.
Nope. I'll bet you my undervalued eBay shares that this girl probably has nice legs and/or a tight butt and/or a thin waist and/or 44D's and/or all of the above, or at least most of the above. She could even have butter face (everything's nice but her face) and still get away with it. Also, IMPO, this girl ain't no pig<<<read fat. AND, IMPO, she might even do the Monica, but that's just speculation and shouldn't be taken seriously. Yeah, right.

Funny, when it's young, attractive girls doing "the wild thing" there's a certain sexiness to it. BUT, when it's young BOYS<<<read PUNKS, wearing Giant Pants and trench coats and/or maxi leather coats on a hot summer day it's worthy of KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!

JMPO,

CLP (Who's NOT a male chauvenist pig! Yeah, right)

No. of Recommendations: 1
I'll bet you my undervalued eBay shares that this girl probably has nice legs and/or a tight butt and/or a thin waist and/or 44D's and/or all of the above, or at least most of the above.

Thin, very mediocre face, small chest, and you could *never* tell anything about her legs or butt under the working-men's pants she wears. She's full of attitude, though. That must be it. Well, that and the fact that she's 18 or something. That makes up for a lot. ; )

A