Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I count Tanach and the Holy Bible amongst the books I've read which give me hope and inspiration for this world.

I find the discussion regarding Rabbi Yoffe most interesting. I also believe that if Christians hold true to their faith, including evangelicals, then proselitization is not their modus operandi. This would run a bit contrarian to Rabbi Yoffe's proposition, but he does bring up a significant controversy. If the Christian holds true to the tenets of their faith, then we're not going to hell. This from their 2nd chapter of Romans. Others will of course have an altered interpretation I suppose to fit their ideology, but I prefer a literal translation.

"For he will render to EVERY MAN according to his works:to those who by patience in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give ETERNAL LIFE: but for those that are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath and fury. There will be tribulation and distress for EVERY HUMAN BEING who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, but glory and honor and peace FOR EVERY ONE who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. For God shows no partiality."

Today we are coming to grips with the ideologues of hate cloaked in Islam. Yet in the Holy Qur'an it states "there is no compulsion in Islam". Lately I have been reading many books on the Middle East to attempt to sort out the modus operandi of this very current affair. Though I have read excerpts from the Holy Qur'an, Bagadavita, and Budhhaism, I plan to embark on reading the first one in it's entirety and more of the others.

For a brief synopsis of the phenomena, Richard Wright's "THE LOOMING TOWER" will give you insight, and we must continually challenge ourselves for further knowledge if we are to go beyond the tenets of our own faith.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1400030846/sr=8-1/qid=1207492156/ref=dp_image_text_0?
ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1207492156&sr=8-1

Another wise scholar just died in January of 2007, professor Majid Khadduri, at the age of 98. I believe he is a qualified expert though I have not read any of his work. One of his books released in 1955 I believe will reveal much about the situation we currently find ourselves in, which back, then the reviews have claimed was in a dormant stage....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1584776951/sr=1-3/qid=1207492424/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1207492424&sr=1-3

Good reading to all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.