Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

The Nerdifool:

Appreciated your remarks and the information is valuable. One problem though,..I am the top guy & the trustee was selected with input from employees.

I might also say that we have fourteen funds to choose from and the selection of funds is much better than what they orginally suggested. I a strong supporter of Vanguard, but have been alittle frustrated that they aren't available, except under terms as you outlined.

Main reason for a local bank, is because we are a statewide company and the employees wanted local offices that they could go into a receive counsel and advice.

I feel strongly enough about the plan that I'm rolling by defined benefit amount into this new 401K, even though I am only one year from retirement. I have other sources of income, which I will live on for the first three or four years of retirement, to give the 401K a chance to grow before I start drawing on it.

Thanks again for your advise and information, even if I licking a few wounds. Happy trails......
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.