Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
The newspaper industry is one that I don't know what to think about. I don't know if people will be willing to pay for online material when you can get virtually the same thing at Yahoo! and MSN. I agree with Donald Graham that online growth will not be able to grow at as fast of a pace as it did this past quarter. If the newspaper companies can figure out a way to increase revenue, get more subscribers, and get people to be interested to pay for online content, the industry will survive. If it can't do this, then over time we will most likely see the newspaper industry diminish (Or have no where near the value it has today).

I don't really know either. Not just competition from sites like Yahoo! and MSN, but individual blogs too. Newspapers are changing, but are they changing fast enough? I don't think they are. It's unfortunate they let the online revolution get ahead of them: in a very real sense, it was a missed opportunity to gain back readers lost to the immediacy of CNN. Why did election year "scoops" often go to online blogs? Interesting phenomenon, don't you think?
spicy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.