No. of Recommendations: 14
...The numbers and collateral evidence indicate that Zoom is a special company and they are disrupting the industry. This said, this IPO is not so much related to fundamentals and more to mania. Everyone wants to get that Elastic or Zscaler bounce and fighting to get in and then out if they can.

The other stocks that had great IPOs went public at much lower market caps. That left a lot more upside as the businesses thrived. Zoom appears to be priced to take better advantage of demand and not going out at a ridiculously low valuation as was the systematic case the last few years. You don't need to own everything and I will wait a few months and see what happens. The usual pattern is the IPO taking off, and then at some point crashing and then rebooting itself. May not happen to Zoom.... But it happens often. If such happens then I will get interested in investing in Zoom and not just buying into an extremely oversubscribed IPO mania.

Excellent analysis Tinker, I agree, and will probably do the same.

Saul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.