Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Apparently being the son of a hardcore Republican in an Ann Arbor school means you're outnumbered on the playground the day before Election Day. "There were only three of us Romney's and the Obamas chased us around the playground and beat us up!" Sigh.

Nobody was "beat up", just playground stuff.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Apparently being the son of a hardcore Republican in an Ann Arbor school means you're outnumbered on the playground the day before Election Day. "There were only three of us Romney's and the Obamas chased us around the playground and beat us up!" Sigh.

Nobody was "beat up", just playground stuff

When I was your son's age, I was absolutely clueless about politics. It might be partly due to the fact that my parents never voted.

They almost voted in 1972 because my dad didn't like McGovern and considered him a "Communist". So they were going to go vote against him. But even then, they never got around to it.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"When I was your son's age, I was absolutely clueless about politics. It might be partly due to the fact that my parents never voted." - andrew

Me either. I didn't vote till I was a married adult living in East Tennessee. I finally figured that it was like something I ought to be doing so I voted but the truth was that I didn't put any effort into it and I really didn't care all that much who won. I couldn't see who it would affect my life. My life went on pretty much the same regardless of who was in office, Democrat or Republican.

I didn't vote yesterday because I didn't care. I still don't. In fact I have a difficult time understanding why ya'll get so worked up about it.

Art
I didn't vote yesterday because I didn't care. I still don't. In fact I have a difficult time understanding why ya'll get so worked up about it.

Art

Perhaps I'm worked up because I'd like to RE and then afford to remain REed.

Mike
"Perhaps I'm worked up because I'd like to RE and then afford to remain REed." - Mike

Just do it. There's more than one way to skin the rabbit.

Just live simply and frugally. It's not as difficult as it seems.

Art