Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The one problem I have with Citibank is address verification. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they do address verification (as do almost all other banks). However, for some reason, there are a lot more address verification errors with Citibank than any other bank that I've dealt with.

For example, I got the Citi Cash Card. I was going to use it mainly as a gas card - I would transfer a certain amount of money to it each pay period, and that way my gas money would already be set aside. When I tried to transfer money from the VISA Check Card I have with my local bank, the transfer was declined due to address verification. The same thing happened when I tried to use my Wells Fargo Check Card. The only card that worked was a credit card, but I'm not going to use a credit card to fund the card.

However, I have used the debit card from my local bank MANY times over the internet, phone, etc., and I have NEVER had a problem with address verification anywhere else.

I am going to close my Citi Cash Card, and I probably will not open a Citibank checking account if that's the kind of problem I will have.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.