Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Not that this cleared anything up for me, but the only news I can find came from an email from CNS' Investor Relations pointing to a SEC filing. If you going to the CNS website, to the Investor Relations page and follow the links to the SEC Files, you can see that a Filing Type 4 was filed today.

The document was filed by Patrick Delaney, Director. I could be reading this wrong but it looks like an exercise of options (& stock purchase?).

The link, in case it works that I was looking at:

http://ccbn.tenkwizard.com/filing.php?repo=tenk&ipage=2569430&doc=1&num=1&total=0&count=1&pg=&TK=CNXS&CK=814258&FG=0&CK2=814258&FC=000000&BK=FFFFFF&SC=ON&TC=FFFFFF&TC1=FFFFFF&TC2=FFFFFF&LK=333366&AL=9999ff&VL=9999ff

Drop not withstanding, my monthly sharebuilder order went through today for CNXS and for the me drop just means more shares.

yofluke
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
yo,

thanks for the link. i too am getting more today. as well as adbl down 5%
yesterday. just wish there were a adbl board before it smashes thru the $5 mark. as i believe it will after the cc.

john
Hi John,

I have positions in both CNXS and ADBL. I can't believe what's happening to either right now. In fact, my whole portfolio has taken a sever beating in the last 2 weeks.

But ADBL today closed another 9% down, currently at $3.00. I hope your crystal ball is correct on ADBL, I could use any help I can get at this point.

--Flynn
flynn,

being new to hg i just got in the mkt 2 weeks ago! im scared, borderline skipping (local term for compact disc error that doesnt playthrough).

but i must now tell myself what i usualy tell everyone, LONG. I do now what your are feeling and also would like to talk.

as far as $5 i see it, but these new alliances will take some time to develop.<--- possibly my first clear thought in a while.

Westerntoolservices@cox.net
goJIMMY
No. of Recommendations: 7
Hi John and Jimmy,

Hope you don't mind my butting in. ;)

I've found that any depression or skittishness that I used to feel
with market downturns is slowly turning into a mindset of joy
and opportunity. It's the opportunity that's already been
mentioned ... buying up shares when you feel they are abnormally cheap.

Between reading Benjamin Graham's "Intelligent Investor" and reading
numerous posts on these HG boards, I've learned to integrate the
mantra of "buy low/sell high" into my mindset that has brought about
quite a bit of peace. Easier said than done, to be sure, but something
about reading Graham's book brings a more rational, technical argument
to evaluating stocks and applying a strategy to buying and selling.

Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm finding that I get excited
when the market is up (my stocks are up!) AND when the market is down
(are there any buying opportunities today?). I'd really recommend
reading that book ... it's helped me a lot already, and I'm not even
halfway through it.

I'll leave the room now ... hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Tom
tom,

no buttin in here, just walk up and say what your think! thanks for the reply and amzn should be delivering my book today!! yahoo(nopunintended).
I am not even settled in yet so everything seems overwhelming. good thing i like reading and learning. the money is a bonus.

thanks
john
John,

Good for you! Drop me a note sometime and let me know what you think
after a few chapters ...

Tom Gardner mentioned on Stock Advisor that the reading is slow-going
the first few chapters, and I agree (although I still got a lot out of
them). As I get into the middle chapters, it is getting a little
better. I also like the commentary by Jason Zwieg to help round out
points that I might have missed the first time around.

I'm even jotting down some notes as I read, so that I can reference
what I thought were the best and most interesting points/lessons in
the chapter. I'm planning to post those in the reading board once
I'm done with the book to give fellow members a flavor of the book,
and perhaps start a discussion with those who have read it already.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

A little confidence building is always good for the psychy when times are tough. Again today I suffered...even further in the hole. I am even diversified over 12 stocks with many reccs from different TMF newsletters and even Lou Navellier. Somewhat depressing now, but in the long term I should be fine. My how difficult it is to convince myself of that at the moment. But it will come, in due time.

As for the "Intelligent Investor", I too have a copy and started to read it a couple of months ago. I found the first chapter a bit boring as everyone else did. It may be part of the reason that I haven't continued. I would like to think that my procrastination has been driven by my demanding schedule. Still no excuse to not read at min 10pgs per night before bed.

I intend to continue, and finish, the book. After all that I have read on these boards about its value, I have to finish it. Thanks again for the optimism, it helps heal the "Intelligent, but depressed, Investor".

BTW, going by your board name "illini1990", I assume you graduated from Univ of Illinois in the year 1990? I am BigTen brethren to you as I graduated from PSU in 1994. Thought I would pass that along.

--Flynn
Hi Flynn,

That's exactly what I do ... read 8-10 pages a night before I go to bed.
It's about all I can digest in one sitting anyways. I've also got
"Security Analysis" staring me in the face waiting to be read, and I'm
sure that will be REAL slow reading. However, I'm sure I'll be a lot
better about reading financial statements after reading it, which is
definitely where I want to go with my investing education.

Good to see a fellow Big Ten grad on the boards (sounds like you're
grabbing rebounds :)). I've got a lot of respect for PSU (and JoePa!).
Had some good friends who went there.

Regards,

Tom
Hi Flynn,

In my opinion, I think the only chapters you really need to read are Chapter 8 and 11. Chapter 8 talks how individual investors should view stock price fluctuations and Chapter 11 talks about how the market prices companies.

I went to U of I at Chicago. I don't think we're big ten... but GO FLAMES! Heh.

Paul
Hey Tom,

The whole thing about the Graham's book--and the fact that no one can read much at a time, while raving about its contents--I find interesting. In addition to that, we are all alike considering we read these boards consistently, sometimes daily, talking/writing about these same "boring" topics. Its boring until its our money that is put into the mix as we try to implement these "boring rules" . Its boring until it works. Then we find ourselves raving about the "boring rules" and proclaiming them for other to read. Interesting indeed.

PSU Note
I have many people--that learn I am a PSU grad--as me about JoePa and when he will retire. I think many PennStaters agree that he would never leave a 55 year coaching career with a 3-9 record. Not when considering the empire he built in State College, PA around Penn State Football and PSU's excellent academics. Shameless plug for my alma mater. hehe I estimate that he will be around until he can no longer run wind sprints with the offensive linemen or walk to work every day. I could go on forever...

Again, its fun to meet other BigTen grads. Its all the same after we graduate isn't it?

--Flynn
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thought I'd just quickly share something that worked for me when working my way through the Intelligent Investor the first time. I wrote a quick note about it previously on another board, so I'll just link to it here instead of recreating.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20095350

Good luck with your reading and continued learning. That's what makes this site so great.

Regards,
Chris