Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
The only reason why the price is low is because of the analysts' ratings (these people are akin to the con-men and snake-oil merchants of yesteryear). In addition short-term gamblers are piling into the trendy technology stock, some of which are valued as being like 200 or 300 Hasbros (take JDSU and Intel, for example). In the future, these short-term gamblers will be back supporting our company and pushing it back to over 40. --leistung

I tend to agree leistung. I've been a MAT investor, having bought at 10 or so and selling out at 13 and change (if I remember correctly). MAT just didn't appear promising unless an investor was willing to wait for some time.

Jill tore MAT to shreds. Still, if MAT drops much lower than 10, I'll likely buy some back for a LT -- IRA play.

IMO, HAS looks great at today's prices and is much better positioned to EARN a profit than MAT is for the foreseeable future. Another good IRA value stock, HAS looks much better positioned for revenues growth now than MAT does over the next few years. :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.