Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The only situation I could see caring about the difference in time, is paying my rent.

I thought about using billpay to do my rent, only so I won't have to remember to run over to the lease office by the 1st of the month to give them a check. Which because of the hours I work, can be a real pain sometimes....

In fact I was just there....only to find out that they closed early today (which come to think of it they closed early last Friday as well...only because UPS tried to make a deliery at 4:56...and they weren't open to sign for it)....so I have to wait until tomorrow, which I wasn't planning to be around for....but that's two things I have to do tomorrow that I hadn't planned on.

The reason it is a problem.....is that I rely on getting my paycheck at the end of the month, to cover my rent check (along with Visa, Discover and AMEX)....using billpay, they would (try to) take the rent out of my account 5 business days before the due date.

Plus, if I did care about the interest float....the longer it takes my landlord to cash the check...the more interest I get 8-)

The Dreamer.

My Mastercard due date is in the other half of the month (around the 20th)....and it is currently the card I'm snowballing.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.