Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
The only way to contribute to a 401k is through salary deduction. So, if you wish to try to catch up between now and the end of the year, you will have to ave a large percentage of your pay withheld. This will definitely impact your take home pay. I would just contribute as much as possible for the rest of this year and then in the new year lower your contributions to the level you wish, but make sure to try to take full advantage of the match.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.