Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The Palm VII is using Mobitex, an old packet data network. Bell South is providing access in the US.

Mobitex was designed by Swedish Telecom and Ericsson in the 80's. Mobitex is a network technology designed exclusively for two-way, wireless data communications.
The maximum throughput is only 8kbps, though...

I have a Palm VII and I think it's a nice example of what we can see in the future. It's a bit clumsier than the slim Palm V, and it does NOT use rechargeable batteries (Sux big time...). I can check news and stocks and stuff with it, and it was so easy to setup.
For gadget-geeks like me, it's worth the money, just to be in the frontline of technology. All people on this board should live as they invest... :)

Btw, I heard on TV this morning that 3COM is separating Palm computing, making it an independent unit, or something like that. That's nice for investors, many think that Palm's value alone is much higher that 3COM's. Can we expect a rocket, like when QCOM focused on handsets?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.