No. of Recommendations: 0
The performance of any particular physical act that is normally performed in connection with an Islamic religious ceremony. How about prostration in the direction of Mecca?

Exwa, if you're still following this thread, could you suggest an equivalent to the Catholic rituals of communion or confession?

====================

I'm not exactly sure where you guys are going with this. Do you mean to say that prostration in the direction of Mecca should be outlawed? If so, why?

The closest ritual I can come up with related to Catholocism is to the Catholic rosary. We have a similar set of beads, used for counting various glorifications of God in a wide variety of orders and numbers. 33 is usually the base number. Many people also use their hands for this (non required) ritual.

Confession in Islam is to God, and forgiveness is given from God (unless you apologize to someone you harmed and they personally forgive you of course...I am speaking in general terms about a believer asking for forgiveness for their sins). There isn't something like communion.

So are we talking about how ridiculous it would be to outlaw these practices? Or about how people believe that is a sensible thing to do?

e

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.