Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I know some of you were paying attention in November 2011 when I indicated I was buying Pilot Gold shares aggressively under $1.25 per share, and hopefully some of you locked in a portion of gains near $1.75 in February 2012 when I remarked:

"No near-term projections here... stock has moved quite a bit and could either stall or continue near-term. Long-term, however, I think these guys are clearly on the gold once again and likely to continue piloting a profitable course."

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/skilled-pilots-find-the-gold/710122

My real hope is that more of you paid close attention a few months ago when I commented:

"You'll recall I was buying shares aggressively late last year at several levels under $1.25. I then locked in a bunch of profit over $1.70 and $1.80 in March. Now that it's careened all the way back to below $1, I've loaded up anew. We'll see how the latest round works out, but I'm feeling quite confident buying at these levels. It has nearly worked its way back into my top 10."

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/what-do-you-want-to-see-from/741194

Needless to say, after today's press release revealing phenomenal intercepts at the TV Tower project in Turkey led the stock to a 35% surge to $1.65, I'm a very happy camper for the second time in a row. It is my sincere wish that many of you are likewise along for the pleasant ride. I'm selling 20% of my stake, and letting the rest ride. If we get another dip, you can bet I'll be piling those shares back on. It remains a top-10 holding even after taking gains, so I remain in position for the long-term multi-bagger objective of this fantastic exploration vehicle.

Here is today's press release, featuring

http://www.pilotgold.com/news/pilot-gold-reports-594-gt-gold-126-gt-silver-and-053-copper-over-1371-metres-tv-tower

Highlighted is drill hole KCD-39, which returned 5.94 grams per tonne gold, 12.6 g/t silver and 0.53% copper over 137.1 metres, which extends the high-grade gold/silver/copper breccia zone in discovery hole KCD-02 over 50 metres to the south.

“We are thrilled with the fact that this is the highest gram x metre gold interval ever drilled by our team on any of our projects over the years,” stated Matt Lennox-King, President & CEO of Pilot Gold. “These first holes drilled by Pilot Gold reinforce TV Tower as the premier exploration project in northwest Turkey.”

Simply stated, Pilot Gold MUST BE OWNED! I'm not suggesting that newcomers dive in on today's surge, but in a story this compelling it's never too late for a starter position that one can average down on into any subsequent weakness. For those more likely to time an entry, these sorts of announcement-led surges in the exploration space are frequently short-lived, so it is possible that better entry points will present themselves near-term. There are no guarantees, however. All I'm saying is that Pilot Gold must be owned.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.