No. of Recommendations: 11
The point is not to change the mind of the troll, which is unlikely, but to avoid unchecked pollution for those who are undecided or who hold a moderate position ... which is actually most people. - tamhas

----------------------

Conservative: I don't like something (in this case a poster I find offensive, disruptive, wrong, whatever) so I will not listen to him (skip to next post, frowny face)

Liberal: I don't like something (in this case a poster I find offensive, disruptive, wrong, whatever) so I will seek to have him banned. That way I won't have to listen to him any more but more importantly I will protect others from hearing his offensive opinions. Others are too weak minded to with out for themselves and they need me to watch out for them even if they don't realize it.

Conservative: I think eating too much meat is bad for your health (or the planet), so I became a vegan.

Liberal: I think eating too much meat is bad for your health (or the planet), so I advocate for banning meat.

Conservative: I don't like guns and would never own one.

Liberal: Guns are icky and since I would never own one, you should be prevented from owning one too.

And so it goes....

bhm, sees lots of posts or posters who opinions I don't like but has no one in his p-box.
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.