No. of Recommendations: 0
The prez is running out of time. He has already wasted five years blaming everyone else for his failed economy and unemployment. When can we expect any real results from him?

That is one interpretation- and one that cannot be disputed. The problem, though, is that the economy, or unemployment, are not either good or bad propositions. There are degrees of each.

Anyone who has experience with large, complex budgets knows that when your bottom line is less bad than projected, you are doing well.

I don't pretend to know where we are by that standard, but I do know that there is intellectual space available for "less bad than anticipated".

I don't know enough to be certain (a sentiment that I feel is lacking on both sides of political discourse), but I can't help but acknowledge that "less bad" is a real possibility. The problem is that we will never know what may have happened if Obama weren't elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BHujm3cpY&feature

I like what this guy is saying- probably because of his passion (I don't possess the education to know if he's right or not) but if the president did as he says, there would probably be a lot of negative consequences that could be used initially to show that the decision was wrong.

The fun thing is that no one would ever know what would have happened if he hadn't. Experiencing time linearly as we do, and being trapped in only one possible future as we are, there are always easy examples of the horrors that any political action to might point to.

k
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.