Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The problem with free services is that their community is not as valuable. People who are paying put a lot more thought and effort into their contributions on the board.

Hi Jim,

I think this is often an issue, but it doesn't have to be that way! How vibrant we make the board and community attached to the free portfolio is up to us, so I hope you'll join me and help make it more lively. I also see an upside: As the board will be open to all we may be more likely to draw in a valuable contributor or two that would not have found us behind the Global Gains walled garden.

Since the free service will only be covering a subset of GG holdings, I'm sure some of the stocks in my portfolio will not get coverage, so I'm suddenly on my own with stocks that are very difficult to follow, find information on, and understand.

This is, unfortunately, what is going to happen. But any of the GG stocks could make their way into the online portfolio. That will have a lot to do with how attractive the buying opportunity is, but I hope to be making at least one buy a month and these are all ideas I already have familiarity with and can act fairly quickly on.

Best,

Nathan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.