Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I had a lovely evening here knowing full well I will be an achy Wild come morning because of the truckload of stuff I unloaded and carried today.

Did no laundry, and had a nice chat on the phone with the lady I take out for home care. She has a procedure coming up, so we were gabbing about the neighbor, and her new to her car.

Thinking how I will approach the neighbor about the truck key that they have had forever. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know!

Text message!

Being unfailingly polite, I sent a text thanking her and her man friend for getting AGs things out today. Not one word about the tool box, of course. Some addict probably has that, or they sold the stuff. I don't put much past them, but I don't have proof.

Anyhow, I then type that I cannot continue to pay for gas and wear and tear on the HH and the truck. I say that it would be fiscally catastrophic if either of the vehicles got into an accident, for my insurance is very high. I am not paying a higher premium for three years because these folks are slugs.

No one would give me a break when I had nothing. Except AG, of course.

So, I requested the key to be put into the Honda beverage holder. I keep the HH unlocked, so it's only a few steps from her place. Oh, and then I said that if she needed to go anywhere, with some notice I could take her. No sense being a mean old thing.

These folks have cars and trucks all over the place. Let them pay their own insurance and tires. I have enough to support. I am over it.

wild :)
enjoying the calm.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.