Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
The question would be, What would these business owners do with their tax savings? They could hire more employees or they could expand their businesses. Do the wealthy benefit from these tax savings?

Depends on the owner. I have a couple side businesses and most people would consider me rich. If my business taxes went to 15%, it would save me a good chunk of change. Part of it I'd use to expand and up grade my businesses. But a good portion would go to my pocket and allow me to retire more comfortably. Not a bad thing, I'd eventually buy a new car, take some bucket list vacations, update some home electronics, etc.

As far as CBO predictions, take them with a grain of salt. Heard one commentator the other day say if you told the CBO that you're changing the income tax to 200%, what would that do? Answer - double the tax collections.

JLC
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.