Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
There was a failure with how the US and the rest of the world handled this virus.

It was a failure of intelligence. The US with it's countless intelligence agencies were yet again caught completely off guard by this threat. Perhaps they were too busy looking for Russian collusion.

There is an undersecretary in the cabinet who has a responsibility for pandemic's where was he?

What makes the story even more grim, is let me respectfully submit to you that I was better informed than the President and most other world leaders

How can that be you say?

Did anyone here listen to the Peak Prosperity channel on You Tube? The Dr on that channel was broadcasting everyday updating on the virus when it was in China.

I saw as clear as night follows day that the virus was highly transmissible, would escape and that the Chinese govt was lying.

As a result I sold ALL my stocks two weeks prior to the crash and bought in again close to the bottom.

You could see this as early as January.

The South Koreans and the Taiwanese were not fooled by China's statements.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
There is an undersecretary in the cabinet who has a responsibility for pandemic's where was he?

Wrong person. Spankee is the one who was responsible for the lack of information.

The US had people at the Wuhan lab for years--with no problems. Spankee terminated everything with the Wuhan lab AND withdrew all US personnel earlier in the year (2019). So *there* is the cause of the lack of intelligence and/or other data from the Wuhan lab.

A complete set of instructions about what to do should a pandemic occur was prepared under Obama's administration and given to the incoming administration. Where is it? Why did they not follow those directions?
No. of Recommendations: 3
There was a failure with... blah-blah and blah

Monday Morning Quarterback... that and $5 bucks might get you a coffee at Starbucks.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Monday Morning Quarterback... that and $5 bucks might get you a coffee at Starbucks.

He did try to blame the current administration for failing to do their jobs--which is accurate.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Can you post a link to your January post where you informed us of this and told us about your stock liquidation. Also link us to your post where you announced your reinvestment at the bottom....which stocks?
No. of Recommendations: 7
Can you post a link to your January post where you informed us of this and told us about your stock liquidation. Also link us to your post where you announced your reinvestment at the bottom....which stocks?

He cannot and won't do it. Anytime you ask a direct question you get replies about other things to divert, then you are told it's you that is the problem.
Can you post a link to your January post where you informed us of this

TMF is having problems with AWS again. When I try to look at historic posts, AWS (TMF runs on AWS) hangs and never responds (large white ring with blue portion running circles around the outside).

and told us about your stock liquidation.

Lots of people on METAR have been "all cash" or nearly so for most of 2020. Public info as people posted that info to let other know of their position.

Also link us to your post where you announced your reinvestment at the bottom....which stocks?

I have not yet bought any new investments. The market is too irrational for reasonable investment based on real-world factors.
TMF is having problems with AWS again.

Use goolge

site:boards.fool.com search phrase

example

site:boards.fool.com be nice
where you informed us of this

Tell us why this info was NOT known to the US govt? End of Dec 2019 was when they made the info available to their clients.

https://bluedot.global/

Go ahead. Make my day.
where you informed us of this

Tell us why this info was NOT known to the US govt? End of Dec 2019 was when they made the info available to their clients.

Diverted by a asking a question instead of answering the posed to him. Fact is he cannot.

Anyone who is blaming or telling everyone how awful they are cannot show one shred of evidence that they themselves knew what to do, did do and so on. They are all hind sight facts.
Diverted by a asking a question instead of answering the posed to him. Fact is he cannot.

Guess who posted the BlueDot link on TMF.

Yeah, people know. Facts have a liberal bias....
No. of Recommendations: 5

Guess who posted the BlueDot link on TMF.

Yeah, people know. Facts have a liberal bias....

That is not answering his question:

YOUR LINK! ^^^seee
Can you post a link to your January post where you informed us of this

This request makes no sense. Why would *I* need to tell you about *yet another* of Spankee's failures? I know he is a failure. You know he is a failure. Everyone knows he is a failure. As you choose to *not* be informed about the real world, that is your problem--not mine.

If you are not following METAR, that is your problem. Deal with it.

Plus, TMF/AWS is still broken. Can't look at my posts because no access to MY FOOL, which is how anyone can access their historic posts.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/national-strategy...

The federal govt had a pandemic plan that was updated under Obama's administration to try to handle/manage future pandemics. That plan was passed on to the next administration in 2016-2017. Spankee ignored it. You need to deal with his failures--and yours (meaning Spankee's followers). Nor is it my responsibility to inform you of what was posted on TMF boards you chose to ignore.
No. of Recommendations: 4
This request makes no sense. Why would *I*

Expect the same response to anything you post.
What is disapointing is I told you where I got the info from and you were not aware of it

Another example of how useless the mainstream media is

The Peak Prosperity You Tube Channel, you go back you will see videos on the Virus starting in Jan

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisMartensondotcom

This guy was ahead of the curve on every level.
It was a failure of intelligence. The US with it's countless intelligence agencies were yet again caught completely off guard by this threat.
You could see this as early as January.

The South Koreans and the Taiwanese were not fooled by China's statements.

Neither was US intelligence. Trump was briefed on the threat twice in January.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/trump-had-two-intel-...

There were many, many warnings given to the administration in January, from different sides.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/14/politics/coronavirus-whis...

But everything was ignored, and lied about. In the Woodward tapes, Trump acknowledged as early as February 7 that he understood the deadliness of the virus, but in public, he lied about it.

Crusader, the failure was at the top. It was Trump and his appointees that failed.
The reason why you don't know this is because your information sources are lying to you.
No. of Recommendations: 17
Neither was US intelligence. Trump was briefed on the threat twice in January... But everything was ignored, and lied about. In the Woodward tapes...

This is not factual - the briefings were not ignored and Woodward is spinning to put it mildly because last January Trump declared the Corona virus a Public Health Emergency and restricted travel from China:

"Today President Trump took decisive action to minimize the risk of novel coronavirus in the United States..." The declaration of a public health emergency... enables the government to take temporary measures to contain the spread of the virus... [the U.S. is suspending] entry of most travelers arriving from China... if they are not U.S. citizens. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/01/31/8016865...

And for this, the Party of the Pandemic called President Trump a racist!

the American Civil Liberties Union has warned that the administration's measures infringe on civil rights. Any detention of travelers or citizens must be "scientifically justified and no more intrusive on civil liberties than absolutely necessary," said Jay Stanley, an ACLU senior policy analyst. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/04/coronavirus-quarati...

-=Ajax=-
No. of Recommendations: 1
Ajax,
the travel ban was the ONLY thing that he did.
He didn't do any of the following, ever eays to do, very common sense things:

1. Warn people about the danger from the virus - he kept publicly minimizing the danger and said it would "go away"

2. Start vaccine research and procurement

3. Procure protective equipment
No. of Recommendations: 9
Trump stopped air travel in JANUARY - just after this started.

His administration spend HUNDREDS of millions on vaccine candidates and BUYING drugs (Remsidivir) on the market to have. Spend hundreds of millions on ventilators - seen as critical - and got them produced so there was no shortages.

His administration pumped hundreds of millions into vaccine production facilities to jump start that once a candidate or three emerged after successful trials. the US is guaranteed the first like hundred million doses of vaccine.....from both US and European producers....

He proceeded to secure the necessary PPE - and distribute it - from the 'depleted' stockpiles left by the Obama administration that used them but never replenished them after 'swine flu' that killed hundreds of thousands of folks world wide.....

Now, you were saying????

t.
Trump stopped air travel in JANUARY - just after this started.

That is completely incorrect. The China travel restrictions were not a complete stoppage at all, and travel from EU countries was not restricted until March.

He proceeded to secure the necessary PPE - and distribute it - from the 'depleted' stockpiles left by the Obama administration that used them but never replenished them after 'swine flu' that killed hundreds of thousands of folks world wide.....

The states were left to fend for themselves with PPE and were bidding against one another. There was zero coordinated effort at the federal level. In addition, Jared Kushner proudly stated that the federal stockpile was not the states' stockpile and was "our" stockpile. With being given a pandemic playbook by the prior administration, why did Trump not spend any effort in the first 3 years of his administration restoring that stockpile? Instead, he made a number of efforts to further reduce our ability to respond to a pandemic.

Now, you were saying???
"why did Trump not spend any effort in the first 3 years of his administration restoring that stockpile? Instead, he made a number of efforts to further reduce our ability to respond to a pandemic.

Now, you were saying???"

just that Biden /Obama emptied the stockpile before Trump got in.
There was a failure with how the US and the rest of the world handled this virus.

It was a failure of intelligence. The US with it's countless intelligence agencies were yet again caught completely off guard by this threat. Perhaps they were too busy looking for Russian collusion.

What actually makes the issue worse is that we have already had two warnings of this during the Obama administration with SARS and H1N1 (Swine Flu).

Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 12
The US had people at the Wuhan lab for years--with no problems. Spankee terminated everything with the Wuhan lab AND withdrew all US personnel earlier in the year (2019). So *there* is the cause of the lack of intelligence and/or other data from the Wuhan lab.

So Obama was just a stupid dork when he let 12000 die from H1N1?

Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 6
1. Warn people about the danger from the virus - he kept publicly minimizing the danger and said it would "go away"

Yeah, having the President running around screaming and crying to everyone about a new disease out of China is really the way to inspire courage and show leadership.

2. Start vaccine research and procurement

He did.

3. Procure protective equipment

He did.

Kathleen
He did.

When? In May?
So Obama was just a stupid dork when he let 12000 die from H1N1?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemi...

So you are publicly acknowledging Spankee AND Pence are *really stupid dorks* because they let 200+k Americans die from Covid-19 THUS FAR? How high does the death toll have to be to "move up" from "really stupid dork" to whatever is the next level of gross incompetence?

Don't forget to include the facts the US had people *at* the Wuhan Lab for YEARS--until Spankee removed them. So the lack of intelligence has been traced to the Spankee White House (yet again). Get out your magazine with Spankee's picture, because he needs more "correcting"....
Related but not...

My mom babysits her grandson a couple times a week. She was there the other day when she found out that her son-in-law's coworker's daughter's friend tested positive for the coronavirus. Yes, it's a chain of people, but now there's a fear of how it may impact their work at the factory as well as the health of all people involved directly and indirectly.

My mom is a healthy 61, and now she's staying at my sister's house. She may have been exposed there by her son-in-law, and she doesn't want to go home to her husband, an unhealthy 71, until people are cleared.

I talked to my brother-in-law (who works with the guy who may or may not have it) about it. FYI - he loves Trump, and he claims that his coworkers do too. He asked what I thought. I said that if the guy wears a mask at work, there's probably little chance of anything happening.

He said that nobody at work wears a mask.

I said...well, if he tests positive, your factory may get shut down for a couple of weeks out of an abundance of caution, or he will test negative and everything will be totally fine. It's quite a range of scenarios, but I suppose that anything could happen.

I recently read something from Baker Mayfield, the quarterback of the Cleveland Browns.

He said, "To me, it's not that damn hard. Just wear your masks. We all want to play football."

Or you can not wear a mask and risk your job, and risk the jobs of all your coworkers at a factory that's already struggling, and risk the lives of your coworkers, and risk the lives of your coworkers family members, etc.

Yes, most people won't die anyway. However, my dad is old and has high blood pressure, diabetes, and a form of muscular dystrophy. I don't think things would be promising for him. If you don't care about people that are old, overweight, have diabetes, asthma, or emphysema, I guess you have little to worry about.

I talked to my mom today. She said that my brother-in law said that the virus will be gone by the winter anyway.

I told her that I hope cancer is gone by then too.

TMFEdyboom223
He asked what I thought. I said that if the guy wears a mask at work, there's probably little chance of anything happening. He said that nobody at work wears a mask. [Emphasis mine].

Steve, he is right - masks don't work and the scientific evidence for this is massive:

• The New England Journal of Medicine of May 21,2020 reported that face masks against Covid-19 are useless:
"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection... The chance of catching Covid-19... in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic." https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

• Anesthesiologist Ted Noel - In Masks Don’t Work... Dr. Ted Noel, an anesthesiologist with 36 years of experience, recently uploaded a video proving - using vape - that masks don' work... See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hisCybFME

• Masks Don't Work - A Review of the Science: There have been extensive randomized controlled trial studies... which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles... the relevant known physics and biology... are such that... aerosol particles (less than 2.5 µm) are too fine to be blocked... https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-...

• The Science: "Masks Are Neither Effective Nor Safe." https://www.technocracy.news/masks-are-neither-effective-nor...

• Finally - on the sarcastic side - if masks actually worked, they would have been banned... just like hydroxychloroquine. https://twitter.com/1Marchella/status/1300158058903957504

-=Ajax=-
Steve, he is right - masks don't work and the scientific evidence for this is massive:

• The New England Journal of Medicine of May 21,2020 reported that face masks against Covid-19 are useless:
"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection... The chance of catching Covid-19... in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic." https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

You may want to check out the follow-up from New England Journal of Medicine that talks about how people misinterpreted the piece that you shared: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

From that piece:
This finding is also borne out by recent research associating mask wearing with less transmission of SARS-CoV-2, particularly in closed settings.8 We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.
You may want to check out the follow-up from New England Journal of Medicine that talks about how people misinterpreted the piece that you shared: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

They are attempting to backtrack but they are not changing their original statement which says "wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection... "

In a subsequent letter to the editor they tried to reverse that by saying that this does not apply in "interactions within closed environments" which is like saying, masks are useless outside health care facilities but they work, trust us!

Regardless, the demonstration by Anesthesiologist Ted Noel proves beyond a doubt that masks are useless:

In Masks Don’t Work... Dr. Ted Noel, an anesthesiologist with 36 years of experience, proved - using vape - that masks don' work... See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hisCybFME

See also the rest of the links.

-=Ajax=-
Regardless, the demonstration by Anesthesiologist Ted Noel proves beyond a doubt that masks are useless

If he is who you rely on to prove something, I will leave you with your beliefs. Have a good one!
It's interesting that all the people in the articles that you quote aren't the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. I wonder why not.

TMFEdyboom223
No. of Recommendations: 12
It's interesting that all the people in the articles that you quote aren't the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. I wonder why not.

TMFEdyboom223

-----------------

Being the Director of a high level Government agency doesn't make you infallible or unbiased.
As [roof, I offer the Director of the FBI James Comey and the Director of the CIA John Brennan. Oh yes, lets not forget the Director of the Exempt Organizations for the IRS Lois Lerner.
"Being the Director of a high level Government agency doesn't make you infallible or unbiased."

I couldn't agree more. Just because you have power doesn't mean you're unbiased or infallible.

Note Trump's 20,000+ false or misleading statements.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/13/donald-trump...

TMFEdyboom223
Note Trump's 20,000+ false or misleading statements.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/13/donald-trump......

TMFEdyboom223

-------------------

Approx 19,950 of these so-called misleading statements was Trump correctly denying he is a Russian asset.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Anthony Fauci, is not a practicing physician while the people I am quoting are practicing physicians who are quoting medical scientific data and observations.

Big difference.

-=Ajax=-

Approx 19,950 of these so-called misleading statements was Trump correctly denying he is a Russian asset.

One wishes he was an American asset.