Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Okay, I told Homer I wanted to install the flooring that's been sitting in boxes on my fireplace for 3 years (yes, you read that correctly, three years). Homer said, "Well, if we're going to put in a new floor, we should paint the walls." Okay, so I set to work looking at paint colors.

Then Homer said, "Well, if we're going to paint the walls, we really need to paint the ceiling." I said okay, and bought a gallon of ceiling paint.

Then Homer said, "Well, I've always wanted to install a light switch on the wall, so we need to do that before we paint." I said okay, and bought a new light switch.

Then Homer said, "Well, you know, Lowe's has pre-hung interior doors on sale." So, I went to Lowe's and bought a new door.

Then Homer said, "You know, I can see light around the exterior door. Let's get a new one." So, I went and bought a new front door.

Then Homer said, "If we're replacing all that, we really need to put in new baseboards and casings." So, he bought new baseboards and casings.

Then Homer said, "We really need to fix the inset wood next to the fireplace." So, I bought new planking and molding to go around the fireplace.

Then Homer said, "Why don't we redo the wall-sized bookcase so it will fit the other wall." So, I bought new wood to revamp the bookcase.

Then Homer said, "I think this will be my new TV room, so we need to get a new TV." So, I bought a new TV.

Now Homer says, "Why don't you redo that mantle in the fireplace. You know, sand it down, refinish it, and get it looking good."

I think Homer is trying to kill me.
Kathleen
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
You see, this is why I never married. I'd hate to spend all those years locked up in prison after I killed him.

Nancy
who, in her next life, wants to learn patience.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Then Homer said, "I think this will be my new TV room, so we need to get a new TV." So, I bought a new TV.

DH wasn't allowed to get the new TV until he did all the other work.
After he did all the other work, he decided he hated the neighborhood so we sold the house and moved.

I think he wants to see my head explode.

electrasmom
No. of Recommendations: 1
When we re-did the floor in the living room and dining room 2 1/2 years ago, we bought an extra box for the hallway.

For my birthday this past winter, all I asked for was the hallway to be re-floored (small hallway, the whole project shouldn't take more than a day from start to finish). DH said no, it was a project he'd rather do in the summer when it's hot and we can't go outside. I was PROMISED the hall would be re-floored this summer.

tick tock tick tock

-pp
No. of Recommendations: 1
You see, this is why I never married. I'd hate to spend all those years locked up in prison after I killed him.

When he first retired, I told him the only reason he was still alive was because a freshly dug grave in the backyard would seem suspicious. After a few years, I told him he'd better go back to work because the thought of jail time was starting to look good.
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 0
DH wasn't allowed to get the new TV until he did all the other work.

I think you misunderstood, there's very little "he" finishing the work. I did all the painting, staining, sanding, taping, and half the removal of the carpet, and installation of the floor. The only thing I haven't done AT LEAST half of is installing the new doors - but I do have to tape and paint the casings.

After he did all the other work, he decided he hated the neighborhood so we sold the house and moved.

I think he wants to see my head explode.

If he tried to move now, he'd have a lot more things to do before then.
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 0
LOL!

We've half remodeled the downstairs bath, redone the front yard garden bed, had the brick chimney rebuilt, and re-plumbed the house and sometime next month, the window guys are coming to replace all the windows. We've only owned the house for 4 months.

This winter, we are painting the basement, putting in a new floor, and replacing the dropped ceiling system. Then we are refinishing the kitchen cabinets and the dining room light fixture.