Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The shock we encountered is that they are hugely expensive. Shockingly so, at least to us. Since we have no heirs and no desire to leave a multi-million dollar estate, we don't care.

Very expensive in NE Ohio. Many have an up front fee (some returnable should you die) and then the high monthly fees. You get so many meals and the rest are on you. If you eat/drink in the "lounge" you pay. All extras, you pay. And then I heard the medical care is not all it is put up to be.

As I have previously stated, I hope to stay in my house. I have cleaning twice a month, mowing/leaf removal, etc. I understand there are some very good nursing services if I should need in home care. I know I would not do well in a nursing home facility.....I'm too stubborn and want my own way...and my dogs.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.