Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a3fCFxLIgT2s&refer=worldwide

I've watched much of my gains of the last year evaporate as the Nasdaq took a huge tank.  I'm certainly not panicking, but I consider it worth considering where we, as Fools (if I could call myself one appropriately), think the bottom will be.  A lot of stocks are going on sale, but some are being haircut justifiably and don't deserve a "firesale" purchase.

What say you, other Fools?  Will you continue to purchase equities as the market keeps turning down?  Are you planning to wait until it reaches a nearer bottom?  Are you locking in your current gains for a later repurchase down the road?  

What about moving out of sectors?  Would you re-load on blue chips with the discount currently offered?  Would you continue to purchase small, growth stocks with the current volatility in the market?

Print the post Back To Top

I'm holding right now. I'm glad I got rid of all my bonds months ago. I've learned my lesson about making decisions with money based on emotion.

I'm sure it will bounce back at some point. It's just a matter of time. Alot of time.

Will you continue to purchase equities as the market keeps turning down? 

YES 

Are you planning to wait until it reaches a nearer bottom?

NO 

Are you locking in your current gains for a later repurchase down the road?  

MAYBE, but only on those taht have profit to cover commissions and taxes, and then still may hold them anyway.  If they are still gainers in this market, they will be HUGE riders on the next BULL. 

What about moving out of sectors?  Would you re-load on blue chips with the discount currently offered?

YES-- if I had the $$$ 

Would you continue to purchase small, growth stocks with the current volatility in the market?

YES-- historically small caps outperform-- better so at a discount like they are now.

Remember, the market is emotional and irrational.

Troll for walleye, and hunt for sharks!

It might be a good time to sell half of each holding you have and raising 50% cash! If the market turns tomorrow, you will win! If it continues down, you will find great buys near the bottom!!  WIN!WIN!
I have stuff on my watch list and prices I would like to buy around. If they hit my prices I will buy. I do not sell on price action, but sell because my opinion of the company has changed. I reviewed my holdings recently and with only a few exceptions will buy more if prices tumble into the killer bargain area. The ones I would not buy more of are candidates for disposal if I see a good opportunity.