Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
the South Korean coaches claim they did protest during the meet, and were told they'd have to wait and file a protest afterward. Then afterward, they were told it was too late.

From what I have read, they do have a legitimate complaint. But no, they did not try to protest during the meet and get told to wait. Even if someone said those words (which I doubt), no coach with any exerience whatsoever would buy that line. Seriously, these are not coaches that were randomly pulled off the street. They have been at international competition before. They have been to the Olympics before. It isn't like the "protest right away" rule is brand new this year or just for the Olympics either. It is standard operating procedure. Heck, most protests are filed within one minute of a score being shown. Corrected scores are frequently flashed before the next event starts. I'm guessing that the coach simply didn't notice right away and someone pointed it out later.

(I did think that the article was a little harsh on the point of the S. Kor. team though. But they really should have caught it earlier. And I think Paul Hamm did a great job of not taking sides and being a good sport in his interview after event finals.)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.