Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The tax code is way too complicated for the average American.
--------------------

"muuhahahahaha", my evil plan is working......

You know Yogi, most of us are NOT your average american. The fact that we have tax questions shows that we are at least have some sense of liability and therefore can strategically invest and earn so as to minimize our tax liability.

I kinda consider my various tax liabilities in a number of different manners:

1. The price I need to pay to enjoy the highest and generally best living environment on the planet (ok, I expect some arguement here - but, you know what I mean).

2. My "price" to "pay" to support my community. Hey, I don't really like paying taxes but I also don't like having no sewers, fire depts, etc.....

3. A "number" that fluctuates each year depending upon a wide variety of variables...mostly, how did I structure expendetures so that I benifit more than my "uncle". The last few years my actual tax rate was @ 4%, yet I earn over $110k and have investment income.

4. etc. etc.

cat
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.