Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The tax information for forestry stuff is hard to come by. The Form T is a good start, along with Publications 225 (Farmer's Tax Guide) and 535 (Business Expenses). You will need to read very carefully, as much of the information will appear to be contradictory initially.

great stuff thanks.

I bought this land up to speed here I can do it there. just on a bigger scale. actually the whole property would make a great sand and gravel pit. so I have my work cut out for me. there are even unusual places where you can stand on roots of yellow birch that have grown into basket size rocks. under all this you can feel and hear water flowing under that. real cool. makes me sad the loggers cut the trees and left the stumps.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.