Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The thing I do not like when I travel to the south is the ton of chain restaurants that are 12 on every block. The thing that amazes me is that they all have lines out the door.

I haven't seen that, but I've never stopped in Atlanta - It's kinda hard to even slow down through there w/o getting run over. The last time I went to Georgia, I stopped at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in a smaller town on the way. They had an all you can eat buffet set out. The food was very good with all kinds of sides - yams, greens, deserts, etc. - most untypical to any KFC I've ever seen here. There were 2 fairly elaborate oriental restaurants, 1 across the main roadway and another across the side street, both had more customers than the KFC with the down home country spread... Go figure. I guess when folks go out to eat, they often want something different than they perhaps can better prepare in their homes. If you're ever near Savannah (which I won't be goin that for south this trip), The Crab Shack at Tybee Island is a laid back fun place to eat and tip a few. http://tinyurl.com/c8qwh http://tinyurl.com/doc95
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.