No. of Recommendations: 1
The thing I don’t get is why many rural areas still seem to be so red.

That one is easy. Immigration.

A Dem has to find a way to talk about this again or Trump stands a realistic chance of winning again.

I don't profess to know the solution but by all appearances, "red" voters cared more about immigration than healthcare, the economy, or terrorism. I don't know the rarity of that but it seems quite significant to me.

Additionally, I would wager that the level of importance (i.e. how likely that issue is to cause you to change your vote) is even higher than the level of importance that healthcare was to the dems. Such is the same reason why we can have 60% wanting increased gun control but not enough of that 60% don't care enough about it to vote for a different person come election time.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.