Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
This article certainly gives a bleak outlook. I won't put any new money in for the next month or two not only because I think the market is likely to break below the 8000 point again, but because for the short-term I have a guaranteed high-yield investment opportunity: Paying off the tuition payment that I just charged to my credit card.

This is the time when painstaking patience can pay off... the Oracle of Omaha is good at this, as shown when Berkshire Hathaway is listed as the #1 cash holder in last week's London Financial Times. Apparently Goldman-Sachs, GE and Buffet's other 2008 investments were just getting a toe in the water.

-John T
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have not been as aggressive as I was in Oct/Nov either. I think we will see more volatility after the new president gets into office and starts issuing statements on his intentions regarding taxes, capital gains, etc.

I've already started funding both Roth IRA's for hubby and I, to be prepared for the next drop.

Cheryl
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would hate to plan a parade under that authors rain cloud :)

I have posted, in many locations, that I fear buying anything until I see 4t Q results.

But, there are many companies I am drooling over.

I am speaking of beaten large caps, beaten TMF picks, beaten ETFs.

But I cant bring myself to go near them until I see the 4th Q results and 2009 forcast statements.

Bears