No. of Recommendations: 0
The unnecessary steps does seem to be particular to PcBanker.
I wonder how many people actually log off of PcBanker afterwards?

PcBanker's site is the only site that I know of that will NOT log you off after you click "sign off". You still have to go through one more screen to click "sign off" or "cancel". Maybe when the site was designed, it sounded like a good plan as if PcBanker is asking you "are you sure you want to sign off?"

I can see this happening.
Someone logging on to PcBanker at their house, or at work exclusively, and has never logged off (as that people is the only person who has access to the PC.) One day the person happens to be on a public terminal, logs on to PcBanker, clicks "sign off" and walks away after the session is finished, not realizing there's another screen where "sign off" has to be clicked again. The next person who uses it, can click... "cancel" and that's the end of that account.

*haven't really used the statements (E-statements or otherwise.) If you're downloading to Quicken or M$'s Money, the balancing is basically done automatically. PcBanker did ask me the other day after I logged off if I used Quicken, or Money and which version of it. "Enhancement's" to it are coming I believe.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to their ACH? Did they drop the plan to use ACH on demand?

-upatnite2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.