No. of Recommendations: 0
The upcoming pre-ordained decision of the FCC to fundamentally change the way the internet works seems a direct threat to small and new businesses, and especially small upcoming tech companies.

Considered analysis of this fundamentally changed format suggests with near certainty a pay to play internet. Those with the assets and influence to affect the platform will certainly do so and stifle the smaller and under financed startups. Opportubnity to compete will no longer be driven by ideas, but rather, assets.

I do not see much in the way of analytic consideration of this on this platform of what could be, a big stick in the spokes of entrepreneurialism and the vitality of the economy as a whole.

What say you?

It is already pay-to-play. I pay $40/month for my Internet connection. It used to be $24.99, but then Verizon discontinued UseNet connections and increased the prices instead of reducing them. Now Verizon dropped supplying e-mail, offloading me to AOL. I can just imagine AOL will start billing me for e-mail after a while. Next, the web sites I wish to use will get slower service speeds, and services like Google will start hiding the sites that do not pay enough.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.