Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've got a Schwab checking account and a USAA checking account.

When I updated this month, I started getting OL220 messages, telling me to click to open the support website telling me that there was a problem Quicken and USAA were working to resolve, but not what to do about it.

It turns out that USAA had created a new access protocol that included assigned user IDs and passwords. I got that fixed. I was able to update my USAA accounts just fine.

But then, when I updated the Schwab checking, the USAA message returned, and the Schwab account would not update. USAA still updated just fine.

Quicken tech support had me do a validate, and I was OK for a while, but then the message came back. I revalidated, and Quicken stabilized again. But then another update, and the message returned. Furthermore, Quicken gets unstable. For example, it won't type ahead, and lists of accounts corresponding with my typing disappear before I can choose anything.

I think the USAA error message interferes with background synching to the cloud which in turn blocks updates.

Tech support, beyond the validate trick, is unhelpful. They're telling me I should contact the financial institution--it's not Quicken's problem.

Any thoughts?

Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.