Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
... but there’s always a chance that they don’t work, so if you’re fully vaccinated, you really need to pretend that you’re not vaccinated ... so keep your mask on!

~ The Faucian Bargain
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Faustian_bargain

: an agreement in which a person abandons his or her spiritual values or moral principles in order to obtain knowledge, wealth or other benefits.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
... but there’s always a chance that they don’t work, so if you’re fully vaccinated, you really need to pretend that you’re not vaccinated ... so keep your mask on!

Written from the perspective of Mephistopheles to incite the gullible. Even Faust, a pseudo scientist, would realize that the mask protects others from you. The Goethe Faust never abandons his reason.
No. of Recommendations: 2
It is amazing to me, how many Conservatives who in the past I've voted with and agreed with, were so easily hoodwinked by the Trump Cult Leader effect....and are resistant about anything from quarantines to masks.

Funny part is usually we on the Right *love* fear. Fear of terrorists, fear of the 'homosexual agenda', fear of the illegal immigrants. And yes - I am not above it. I did, and do have concerns about many of those things and more.

So any ways, these people, the same ones who bought duct tape to protect against bio attacks, who want guns to ward off the Federal Government should it become tyrannical....... somehow have no concerns about a real virus, that has stricken anyone from the poor schlub at the bottom, all the way up to Presidents and Prime Ministers. We love "pre emption" and "killing them before they kill us"....yet when it comes to masks or Covid, somehow we're too cool to be bothered by it.

Once again - tribalism. People want to cling to their sect, their caste, their ideology, their self imposed ghetto ....that literally, they die over it.

"E Pluribus Unum". My goodness that is so out of style, and it's never coming back. Not even after Freedom Fighters attack America, next time the obligatory 3 days of "we are united" and yellow ribbons won't even come out.

In the past, adversaries faced a united America at water's edge.

No more.

And no doubt, many in our own nation - the LeeLee types, WANT it like this also. Weakened from within.

It's a WMD that Putin and XI can't rival.

JediRed
No. of Recommendations: 6
And no doubt, many in our own nation - the LeeLee types, WANT it like this also. Weakened from within.

I read this post by accident, and it started out so well I was about to rec it, but then--yikes. Taxing the rich as we used to, having minimum wage keep pace with inflation year by year, not marginalizing LGBTs, giving women equal pay, doing more detailed background checks for gun purchases, limiting military style weapons to the military, etc., won't weaken our country--au contraire.
No. of Recommendations: 0
After countless Democrat regimes.

*yikes*

Whiners still whine.

And the mooches will always mooch.

Let the aloof snobs go to working families and say "we're gonna raise the minnimum wage", eventually the right American will slap the mooch and say "$15 don't cut it....we're used to earning a real living. Stop shipping my job overseas and making me compete with lower wages - kinda like you haughty white snobs do for yourself"

And the Aloof would be educated - for once.

As far as wearing a country - America is not a country. America is a mall and a bank.

Weakening it? The left always wanted it, and now - the ignorant right is their biggest ally.

No dog in the fight. Kinda fun actually if I get into the right mood.

"$15 an hour!" lol

"Go Baristas!"
lol

"We deserved a raise we were qualified!" - no, go deliver Dominos's part time.

JediRed
No. of Recommendations: 9
---It's a WMD that Putin and XI can't rival.

actually if more of the posts were less sheeple and more introspection and coherent comment, it would be additive and readable.

One point and maybe this is what you meant --

Division, tribalism, violence is the Russia/China game plan. They don't want to rival it, they want to cultivate it and escalate this particular weapon we are seemingly helpless to counter. They are doing a helluva job and we are warring internally while they are winning this particular battle. China/Russia can't rival a more effective WMD to use against us. This one is doing the job.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi KitKat...

Says what you like about my tone and delivery. But as far as introspection - can you name ONE Liberal on this board, who for a decade has talked about tribalism and how it will weaken America with enemies, and weaken America here at home when tackling big things?

If there ONE poster here - as far as introspection who has openly, loudly , specifically challenged his own side's doctrine - be it health care, social issues, taxes, whatever? I have done it repeatedly.

Sorry, but the Smug Sheeple and the Cabal of Corporatist Liberals here - will be called out, and their national fortunes ridiculed and reveled in.

And when someone wants to have a thoughtful chat, minus the insults - I can show you COUNTLESS times where they've had a partner in me - versus coming here daily and parroting that day's headline.

So here's to the Tribals. I hope they continue and I am glad, with words on different forums - to lend my voice to divisions. I can pretend to be a Liberal, I can pretend to be Conservative - and words seem to "motivate" these idiots on both sides.

But the idiots are what keeps true consensus from happening.

hence, they keep spending trillions - yet no structural problems are solved.

As Ross Perot used to say - they pay for front row seats, but get the nosebleed section.

Hey, they deserve it. If they ever want to trying another way, they'll always have a participant in me.

jediRed