Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4

The value chain was in the production of Atari Cartridges for the Atari Console. Many companies produced games for the Atari Game console; there is your Value Chain; there is your open architecture.

If you insist this is a value chain, that's the weakest value chain example I know of. Game producers = 1 link in the chain. No offense meant, but I cannot fathom considering this a Gorilla play then, anymore than I consider the Sega Dreamcast a Gorilla play now. Isn't Sega Dreamcast worthy of a basket pick by your definition of "value chain?" After all, there are companies producing games on CD for them.

You need to hold the value chain to a higher standard if you expect to find meaningful technology investments. Ideally a value chain should be very powerful, far reaching, and expanding.

Corley, you seem not to be so much of a market bear, but rather a Gorilla Game bear. You spend a lot of time finding flaws in the logic, whereas many members of this board are making money following the plan as was intended.

DP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.