Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
I am looking at the clock now knowing full well tomorrow will be trying. There will be near 100 workers coming in Tuesday along with the corporate people that flew in to PA today. All the hires have to submit paperwork. I have an office person with me with one day in the office here and 3 days of training off site. If I had money, I would run away. There are some others that will assist with the paperwork. More new people. More questions. More confusion. I only wanted a nice little waitress job!

So.. I have to do my wash today. Call husband and meet him half way between his place and mine to drop off feast for Kid #1 and a few storage containers of warm clothes. I told him I would try to get out there tomorrow but he was home and my uncharming stepdaughter and the boy du jour were due over. I'll pass on seeing them. Clothes are still traveling in the WM. Called houseguy early by 10 am and he said I can come over ..LATER. I took a few minutes out and went to Hollywood Tans. 54 bulbs for 10 minutes ... I am warmed up.

Off to Home Depot. More excess! I used the Aspire card, YES the one that I just scrambled for the payment money, and bought.....

Cactus. Quite a few. I have had a 30 inch long window pot here for a month. I have cactus soil and no cacti. Today I have them. 2 bags worth. On the floor of the WM.. and they traveled well but for one little broken leaf.

To the houseguys.. now it's 2 pm. He is on the mower. I see my break. I drag in work dresses and rugs and do 2 quick loads. I take them out half wet and will take them back to the trailer and hang them up.

Back to the trailer.. pull 15 cacti and assorted plants out, swearing when they resisted, put them in the pot, and brought them inside to sit on the kitchen window. Then I decide I don't like one spike fern in the pot. Pull that out to repot, back outside, here is the neighbor kid. I tell her she missed potting hour. The answering machine is blinking frantically, and I listen to the messages. NK is off on the bike. I come in and am going to try for lunch. It's near 4 by now. Too busy to eat.

Phone rings. Houseguy. You forgot some wash! S%^&&! So I load myself back into the car, back to his house. Then of course, he decides we should have a beer and a talk as the day is winding down. He takes the chairs to the deck. I am captive.

The usual discourse.. I am so smart, but I couldn't hold on to him, and that is WHY I am suffering so much. He could have been my answer to all my problems. He told me I was doing everything wrong at work and should insist on changes. I need a steady income. I didn't mention I just got a call from my other job about more work since he has always hated that. Why stir him up more? He is waiting for me to fall down so I will need him. He tells me he "worries about me!"

Why? Full Moon?

I decided to change my mind on school. I will be attending half time this year after all. 6 days a week will be enough at work and I can do office work in the early morning on Wednesday and have plenty of time for the drive to school. It will do me good to get away from the fracas.

I may wait a bit, say a week or two, before I tell the boss this bit of news. On the credit front, the new insurance bill.. ow ow.. is here and I only owe on Associates before Halloween. All else is paid for the month BUT the rent.

wild :)
a bit heated up from those 54 bulbs. Now my little neighbor has just showed up at the door with her "wish list" for stickers. I told her I would see about that tomorrow.
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.