Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Their long term focus is to build on what they know

I couldn't agree more. Way back in the $9/share days the board was discussing what CNXS can do to get out of the doldrums. My personal opinion (worth much less than the paper I'd write it on) was that I preferred the focus. They have zero history of successful acquisitions and I've learned to fear this with a severe prejudice. Why acquire for the sake of acquiring? The mild dividend (at those prices) was nice and they had products with untapped potential. I was much more comfortable with the money going to expand existing products with a proven, albeit small, market.

NOW, I still don't want to see acquisitions by the CNXS team but this one is starting to feel sort of familiar to me. Narrow focus, niche market dominance, cash on the balance sheet. If they haven't already...someone's going to make a push to purchse CNS, Inc. I don't want to hazard a guess on who but I can't say I oppose the idea and it's not because I want the premium that would be paid to buy us. No. I think CNS can get to a point where it truly owns the global market for its products and not much expansion will be ahead. Basically, it becomes an acquisition target that is immediately accretive to earnings. Large companies like that sort of stuff and there are literally dozens of them in the pharma/consumer products/health products industries.

I don't want us to be acquired right now as I think there's another clean 100-150% growth to still be had but after that, I think I'd prefer a buyout to an acquisition string to boost sales.

Just my useless thoughts.

Blitzen94
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.