Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Them's fighting words so get your dukes up. Murray is a Canadian and this Canadian thinks Murray – even though he has fewer acting styles than Robbie – is a national treasure on par with Banff, the Rockies, and Victoria's Empress Hotel (even though these three have greater acting styles than Murray).

Ok, I'll grant you he's rocky, probably secretly dresses like Victoria, and wastes consonants. But with so few national treasures, you would think that Anne would have retained Murray, and Bill would be called something like Meathead.

Spencer Tracy, a fine actor

Had to be, getting stuck with Kate all those years. Talk about the ability to turn grapes to raisens...

And, while I have you grabbed by the collar: Ms Lucci will shortly have a star on the Hollywood Walk and Fame. So there!

Yes, there is something to be said for longevity and durability, hence the popularity of Consumer Reports.

As for your comments about Robbie, go watch Forbidden Planet again. His subtle use of nuance, sarcasm, and hyperbole totally outclassed Leslie Nielsen (another Canadian treasure), who oddly played his part straight. I guess he knew he couldn't compete. As for his drinking problem, I blame it on the Krell.

[Note: We have just been informed by his agent that his name is actually spelled "Robby", and we apologize for any confusion.]

Richard
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.