Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
There are basically five options:

1. ACA - hopefully with a subsidy but if not, then congrats as you have a nice early retirement income regardless.

2. If you are married and your spouse is still working, you can be added to your spouse's plan.

3. Seek part-time work for a company that provides insurance coverage.

4. Seek a freelance job that provides insurance coverage.

5. Move to a country where insurance is cheaper and/or the healthcare is cheaper.

I am pretty sure you neither have access to a HDHP nor can you contribute to a HSA without earned income.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please share them. I am personally aiming for #5.

Who is hopeful that we will eventually see Medicare pushed down to 60 to alleviate this issue for the vast majority of early retirees.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.