Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
There is a “paying for college” board that isn’t too active but usually gets good responses to questions. You should also ask there.

Here is a link for a recent unrelated post;

You should also talk to the colleges financial aid office since they can answer some of the questions better.

I’m curious, if you have some stock that you bought 20 years ago that has significant appreciation, could stock be given to your nephew so he could sell it at his lower capital gains tax rate?

If I recall correctly there is a special zero capital gains tax rate for the next two years if you have low enough income.

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.