Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
There is no "Christian left" as a religiously-oriented political force.

I guess since you have never heard of these people they must not exist!

Show me.

Clearly, some opponents of Israel are anti-Israeli (and some even anti-Jewish). Trying to figure out that difference is a vexing problem for all of us. Maybe you have some criteria? For the most part, I would say that opposition that is not factually based could lead anyone to believe that the person who makes such statements is anti-Israeli or even a Jew-hater. Elan, you've done an eloquent job arguing against such factually-impaired people. What do you think they are?

It sounds like you're asking me to stereotype some group of people. I avoid doing that as much as I can. And I don't think it's a vexing problem. It only is if you're trying to put people into neat boxes and they don't fit. Forget the boxes. Deal with the ideas and the debate, not the people.

Many people have turned Liberal into a derogatory label. I consider myself a Liberal in most of my political views. At the same time I love and support Israel, but not all of its government's policies. Therefore I resent the labeling that tends to lump me in with other people whose views may be quite different from mine.

Elan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.