Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
There is no "one-single magic solution".

OB

=========

Folks,

I know of one "single magic solution". Maybe you have heard of it or even perhaps use it in the many facets of daily living...

ACTION!

Jacking around and not doing anything will end any "best intention" to take personal financial resposibility. This is the truth as I have experienced. I have watched and even advised people that are paralyzed by indecision to the end result of non-action. They are afraid of risk, losing money and doing the wrong thing.

Years down the line their fear of doing the wrong thing will materialize because they did next to nothing - and that my friends is the wrong thing to do, and will continue to be the wrong thing to do.

Action is not blindly throwing cash wherever it happens to land or swinging at every pitch you have the opportunity to participate in.

Action is finding possible candidates for investment, doing research, and learning. At some point you have to take the plunge. You may not make the investment at the very bottom price that day, but in the long run, WHO CARES?

Taking action!

Compelling yourself to be responsible, following through with OCPs and reinvesting dividends! Utilizing the awesome power of COMPOUND INTEREST!

Even at the worst, action is outsourcing your personal finance to someone who will (hopefully) invest with your goals and best interests in mind.

As time passes, you keep learning, making decisions, and executing based on the best possible information and according to your goals.

exilion
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.