Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
There is no way to file single if you are married.

Actually, I believe there is. If you have not lived together for the whole year you can, as in separted for a divorce. Maybe even less. There's some other rules, but it isn't really relevant to the question as asked. I thought I'd just be picky. You probably know the rules better than I.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.