No. of Recommendations: 0
There is something in your post that doesn't make sense to me. That is why do you have a car loan to start with?

With income that is high enough to not be eligible to the Traditional IRA and apparently financialy secure enough to have an expensive RV, I have to ask myself why there is a car loan and why you didn't pay cash for the car? (Not that it is really any of my business.) It just doesn't seem to fit in the financial picture that I got from the rest of your post.

Have you considered taking some of the money and use it to pay for some personal financial and retirement planning (not stock picking) classes at your local collage or community center. The reason that I say this is that I have met a number of well-paid, well-educated people who somehow never picked up all the financial skills that I would have expected.

There have been a number of discussions about how the American education system fails to provide basic economic skills so if this is true in your case then you are not alone.

Greg
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.