Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/20/theres-rampant-academ...

"There’s Rampant Academic Fraud

Walter E. Williams / @WE_Williams / March 20, 2019

Federal prosecutors have charged more than 50 people involved in cheating and bribery in order to get their children admitted to some of the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities such as Georgetown, Yale, Stanford, University of Texas, University of Southern California, and UCLA. They often paid more than $100,000 to rig SAT or ACT exams.

[...]

About 40 percent of college freshmen must take at least one remedial course. To deal with ill-prepared students, professors dumb down their courses so that students can get passing grades.

Colleges also set up majors with little or no academic content so as to accommodate students with limited academic abilities. Such majors often include the term “studies”: ethnic studies, cultural studies, gender studies, or American studies.

[...]"

Regards, Ken
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 8
Colleges also set up majors with little or no academic content so as to accommodate students with limited academic abilities. Such majors often include the term “studies”: ethnic studies, cultural studies, gender studies, or American studies.

If they want to save higher education, they should eliminate all such "studies" programs. All these programs do is engage in left-wing indoctrination.
No. of Recommendations: 0
If they want to save higher education, they should eliminate all such "studies" programs.

Explain in detail how Spankie McBonespurs got ANY degree higher than a high school diploma (from a private high school, no less. No standards of any type required).
No. of Recommendations: 8
Explain in detail how Spankie McBonespurs got ANY degree higher than a high school diploma

Explain in detail how he became a billionaire, married one of the most beautiful women in the world, had a successful career in the entertainment industry, and won the Presidency of the USA.

Rope
No. of Recommendations: 1
Explain in detail how he became a billionaire,

He didn't. Though he did challenge accumulate some money by cheating on his taxes as the NYT proved.

married one of the most beautiful women in the world,

Which wife was that again? The current one who hates him for cheating on her?
No. of Recommendations: 7
"Explain in detail how he became a billionaire, married one of the most beautiful women in the world, had a successful career in the entertainment industry, and won the Presidency of the USA."

Wow Rope,

I'm pretty sure you know it is almost impossible for a Lib to acknowledge his successes. Like they've all done so much better than he has...

Regards, Ken :-)
No. of Recommendations: 4
I'm pretty sure you know it is almost impossible for a Lib to acknowledge his successes.

Let's see, Daddy gave him some money which he grew at a slower rate than the stock market. Hell, I've had a better rate of growth in my accounts by using index funds. Plus I don't have to borrow money from Russia because I'm a better credit than Trump. Plus I'm not disgracing the USA on a daily basis.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Explain in detail how he became a billionaire,

Anyone who invested the same amount in a passive investment acct did BETTER. Thus, he LOST a lot of money as a result of his "business".

married one of the most beautiful women in the world,

Divorced (funny how you did NOT mention that point).
Re-married (NOT mentioned by YOU).
Divorced AGAIN (NOT mentioned by YOU).
Re-married AGAIN (NOT mentioned by YOU).
Plus the bimbos on the side.... NOT mentioned by YOU.

had a successful career in the entertainment industry,

Like Faux Snoose, Spankie is not able to be anything BUT entertainment.

and won the Presidency of the USA.

Hillary got more votes than Spankie.
Obama had a MUCH bigger crowd at his 2009 inauguration.
Spankie's approval rating is less than 50%--and falling. Tax increases tend to do that.
Explain in detail how he became a billionaire

Rich daddy

, married one of the most beautiful women in the world

3 times, all mostly because he was a billionaire, which was because he had a rich daddy.

If they want to save higher education, they should eliminate all such "studies" programs. All these programs do is engage in left-wing indoctrination.

Let me see if I understand what you guys are proposing; eliminate any academic major or program with the word "studies" in it?

Brilliant.
Explain in detail how he became a billionaire, married one of the most beautiful women in the world, had a successful career in the entertainment industry, and won the Presidency of the USA.

Trump inherited a lot of money decades ago. His net worth and Warren Buffet's were the same at some point.
Buffet has gone on to accumulate a net worth of over $80B.
He is an actual self made man.
He has no debt.
He stayed married to his first wife until her death in 2004.
He still lives in the house he bought in 1957 for $31,500.
Warren Buffet is respected around the world.

Trump? Not so much. His wealth has lagged what it should be due to repeated failures, bankruptcies, and poor choices. US banks will not loan him money. Had he invested his wealth in simple index funds - rather than wheeling and dealing - he and his family would actually be worth tens of billions of dollars. He is a well known cheater and liar.
Melania is pretty, but he has cheated on her as he has cheated on all three of his wives.
One show doesn't qualify as a show business career, and reality TV is pretty low level stuff.
He won the presidency but I believe he only intended to gain wealth from the run and didn't really expect to win. Why did the win? That will be debated for a while - until he is forgotten - but surely it can be attributed to his skill at lying. People actually believed that he could build a wall around our country, and that he could convince Mexico to pay for it. Among a great many other outright lies.

This is someone you appear to admire. I suggest strongly that you aim higher.

This is someone you appear to admire. I suggest strongly that you aim higher.

Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Not hard to understand why he is so admired in some circles.
I'm pretty sure you know it is almost impossible for a Lib to acknowledge his successes. Like they've all done so much better than he has...

You sure are right about that. Rabid dog responses from the libs are telling. Almost as if they are possessed by evil.

Rope