Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
There's another reason to ignore Barron's. It is the National Enquirer of the stock market. It deals in sensationalism (Wanna Buy a Bridge?) and little else. It's mindset is back in the late 1800's and will never be updated. Back in the 70's I subscribed to Barrons for a few years largely because of it's data tables. In the 90's because of the internet, it's tables are not very useful. About a year ago, my wife who is a neophyte in the market, wanted to learn as much about everything she could by trial subscribing to the WSJ and Barrons among others. We both read Barrons with interest for a few issues and decided that it was largely trash and tossed the rest of the trial period in the garbage can unopend where it belongs. My question is why would anyone with half a mind read this rag and how does it say in business? I guess you can ask the same for the National Enquirer but it at least has a few redeeming features, unlike Barrons. PS We extended our subscriptin to the WSJ.

ST
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.