e

I

m

e

a

n

i

t

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/gymnastics/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpOGlmcGRzBF9TAzk2NjczMDIxBHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-eventfinalsgym&prov=ap&type=lgns

I don't care what your views are on the whole judging controversy. In no way, shape or form has Hamm been implicated in it. No one contends that he did something to influence the judges or get them to screw up. So there's absolutely NO need to boo him. This is completely uncalled for and sickening.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

+
+
+
+
+
+

I don't care what your views are on the whole judging controversy. In no way, shape or form has Hamm been implicated in it. No one contends that he did something to influence the judges or get them to screw up. So there's absolutely NO need to boo him.
---------------------------------------------------------------

From what I read I don't think they were booing Paul. It looks like they were booing the judges. We'll know more after viewing it tonight.

Charlie
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think the article was awfully biased. The article makes it sound like they were booing Paul and after watching the event (I saw it first, then read the article) and I don't think the crowd was booing Paul at all (I can't speak for the medal ceremony, I didn't see that). I think that they were booing because they thought Alexei deserved a higher score, not that I know more about gymnastics scoring than the audience, but I thought he deserved a higher score. I also thought Paul's score was a little high.

So maybe at the medal ceremony they were booing because they didn't think he should be there, and I can understand that. I don't think it's appropriate, I think it's downright rude, but I can understand. Afterall, not everyone's as enlightened as me! =)

=) Megan