Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
These people are all over 35 years of age and should know better. Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

I offer health insurance, retirement, paid vacation, wages higher than my competion and I'm getting dumped on.

Joe, Believe me I feel your pain...been there, done it all...and then some, trying to keep employees happy.
Thanks to the debacle of health insurance in Massachusetts I've (they?) have scaled down my practice to the point where I do it all now.....and I LOVE it. Everytime I get tempted to hire somebody all I do is spend some time in a collegues' office with his/her employees or listen to some of their horror stories and the temptation is squelched. I am grateful that I can do what I love and not have the stress and tension anymore of employees.

I know there must be business owners who inspire wonderful help. I'd love to hear some of those stories here just to maintain what faith I have left in the human spirit.

Anna

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.