No. of Recommendations: 17
These things are well known among non-US citizens and also among a minority of US citizens..

While I was immensely pleased with my visit and travel in the USA because of the wonderful and hospitable people I met, I was also appalled at the general dumbness, ok ignorance and the lack of information on foreign affairs.
The poster who said 'islamabad' was a perfect example of this ignorance.. if even posters on this board make silly remarks like these, where I gather most people are more intelligent than the average US citizens , it is no wonder that people outside the USA keep mocking you....

Isn't is amazing how, notwithstanding all the ignorance you claim we suffer from, we have succeeded, perhaps even thrived, so much more than just about any other country in such a relatively short time.

Who has the biggest economy in the world ? Who has among the highest standards of living ? Who has a very high level of freedom ?

Now for the biggest kicker, we came from your countries and almost all countries over the past 225 years !!!! All my grandparents and my parents were born in your enlightened Europe and ended up here in the USA.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.