No. of Recommendations: 10
They made the promotion official Monday. My plan is to stop aggressively looking for work, but I think it is important to follow through on everyone who calls based on interest I initiated (networking, applications, etc). I don't want to spoil relationships or turn my back on people who recommended me for jobs. Also, based on my lack of faith, i want to hear everyone out. It took a lot of sweat to get callbacks and interviews, and I'm not about to kill the green shoots right now.
That's my philosophy and I think its a sound one.
It might result in me accepting a promotion and very quickly leaving the company. So be it. I need to do what is best for my career and had the promotion happened when promised (six months ago) we wouldn't be in this situation.

I'm interested in feedback.
Ray

PS: I have one job opportunity do directly to networking, one due to applying on the internet, and one due to reputation at a place I've been before. You never know what will work, so don't turn up your nose to an avenue without trying it first.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.